Followers

Chocolate Afternoon Tea at The Tamburlaine Cambridge

After attending the launch for The Tamburlaine back in April it has been on my radar as somewhere in Cambridge I would take any excuse to visit, so when I saw they had a Chocolate Afternoon Tea for National Chocolate week I knew I had to book.



The Afternoon Tea is set in the Garden Room with ornate Victorian wallpaper and gorgeous silk velvet sofas creating the perfect setting for an afternoon tea. I just want to live in this hotel because the décor is so beautiful and their use of velvet and marble furnishings, as well as lush green foliage and detailed wallpapers, create a blogger/instagrammers paradise.



We started with cucumber, ham, egg and smoked salmon sandwiches. Then, as well as the traditional fruit scones with clotted cream and jam, the scones had a chocolaty twist with a home made chocolate spread to use on them. Next came the mass of chocolate goodness; pistachio and chocolate macaroons, chocolate orange tart, white and dark chocolate truffles, meringue nests topped with a chocolate hazelnut and chocolate brownies topped with ganache. Chocolate heaven!



Finally, after almost lapsing into a chocolate food coma, we were treated to glass of hot chocolate which after so much chocolate I was unsure I could manage but it was the best hot chocolate I have had in a long time! I think I would definitely go back even just to have a hot chocolate! It's always a hard goodbye leaving The Tamburlaine because I just want to move in there!

No comments