Followers

Eating My Way Round The North

Over the last month or so I have been travelling around different places in the north of England and or course this led to trying some new restaurants out. I thought they were worth a notable mention for anyone who is going near any of these locations.

The first I tried out was Gusto in York when I made my visit to the new Origins store which was right around the corner from it, so perfect for what I was doing on my visit. It serves Italian food and let me tell you now it’s the best Italian food I've ever had in the UK and even compared to some restaurants in Italy, this tops it. I had a starter size of the spaghetti carbonara and fried courgettes. The York restaurant is so beautiful with industrial chic décor and lots of fairy lights branching from the olive tree inside; a perfect place for any blogger to visit! After visiting the York Gusto I then made it my mission to try the one in Newcastle which was just and tasty, it also had a 200 year old olive tree which was pretty impressive.



When I was in Newcastle I also went to Georges Great British Kitchen for dinner with my family. Their food aims to celebrate British classics but in their own unique way. I had a Fab ice lolly inspired cocktail which was so close to just drinking a melted Fab I couldn't believe it.



I went all out and had three courses; Pigs under Duvets, Cod Dog and Warm Cadbury Fudge Finger Rolls. Who would have thought that you could have cod like a hot dog or fried fingers of fudge but it all works so well! If you’re wanting to try twists on traditional British food, I would definitely check out one of their restaurants.



I was exploring the market on the quayside in Newcastle and came across a cute little converted horse box owned by The Doughnut Guy and knew I had to try their miniature artisan doughnuts. With a choice of different toppings you could change up your doughnuts. I went for cinnamon sugar, chocolate sauce and marshmallows.



No comments